Many of our church founders were German-speaking Russians, their families fleeing the Black Sea region of western Russia for safety and better opportunities in America. These families traveled together building small villages across America: Kulm, North Dakota, Odessa, Washington and finally the Gull Harbor area of Olympia, Washington. They were berry farmers, veneer plant laborers, and Port of Olympia workers. Our congregation first met in a very small building which lasted us from 1941 to 1977. We built and moved into our current church on April 16, 1977, just down the road from the original.
Our first pastor was Rev. Hans J. Wuerth who preached from 1941 to 1974 with Rev. Stephen Odegaard stepping in for 1973. Rev. Hendrick Laur then took over until the year 2000 before retiring. Rev. Valinda Morse ministered to our congregation for two years. We are very lucky to have had Rev. Suzanne O. Appelo with us as our current pastor since 2002.
Our church is now affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, but in the past we've been affiliated with the Assoc. of Free Lutheran Congregations and the Lutheran Church in America.